Re: Hydraulic systems rebuild vs. new

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, bspruck@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Hydraulic systems rebuild vs. new
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:17:30 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Rebuilding will work depending on the condition of the bores if there is
any pitting or scoring that will not come out with a light honing you
should consider new parts. If you hone out too much metal in order to
remove the pitting it will probably not hold up. When honing use a
little brake fluid as a lubricant (wear eye protection and do not do it
near any painted surfaces), afterwards rinse everything off with
denatured or rubbing alcohol and wipe down the bores with a white
lintfree cloth until all the honing grit is removed, then blow dry with
compressed air. Lube all rubber cups and bores with clean brake fluid or
Girling rubber grease or NAPA protect-a-cup (?) before reassembling. You
can for good measure spray out all the lines with brake cleaner and
compressed air to get them clean as well.
Regards,
Peter.