Re: Bugeye dual master cylinder removal

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, dewood@sentex.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye dual master cylinder removal
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:06:19 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I believe that to remove the master cylinder you will have to unbolt the
pedal box as there are two bolts through the master cyl. One visible
from the top as you have stated and another that is inside the car but
cannot be removed without lifting the whole box as there is not enough
room. The pushrods do just sit inside the cyclinder and will slide out
but you might want to go ahead and pull the pedals off and clean and
relube all the pivot points as well as check for wear on the clevis pins
that connect the pushrods to the pedals.
Regards,
Peter.