Midget for sale...

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget for sale...
From: CMLove <cmlove@hiwaay.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 11:27:37 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello listers;

I have no interest in this car, but my heart doesn't want to see it get
trashed.

I have found a maroon midget serial # GAN5UE139538G; mfg date 9/73;
engine# 12V6712/L12023?

The owner says that the engine has been rebuilt, but I don't know if I
believe him.  He says the front end has been rebuilt, but it doesn't
look like it to me.  The rag top is in rags.  The interior is about the
same.  The door hinges are rusted out at the bottom, so they hang down
when opened.  The bonnet has rust in the usual places.  The body looks
pretty straight.  There is no sag in the middle of the frame.  The front
shocks show no signs of leaking.  It needs alot of help, but the owner
wants $900.00 for it and I can't afford that.  I have been trying to
talk him down, but he won't move.

It just kills me because the car is sitting out in the weather and it
probably has more than $900.00 dollars worth of parts on it.
Could/Would anyone be interested in parts if I bought it to resell the
bits and pieces that were worth reuse?  But, would be better if it were
adopted by a loving restorer.  I don't want to see it rot in the sun....

I am in Huntsville, Alabama.  If you have any thoughts/ideas, I would be
glad to listen.

Thanks for letting me tell you about this.  Please forgive the intrusion
if any...

Thanks,
Monty Love
'74 Midget
'72 Midget Parts car...engine in pieces and tranny on the table...lots
of other parts missing...