Really Dim Lights

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Really Dim Lights
From: "McNaughton, W.J." <WJMcNaughton@SmithLyons.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 21:24:35 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
 My '58 Bugeye's "eyes" with haloge 65/55w bulbs barely glow on the low
dip and are about what I  would expect for illumination on low beam when
on high.(I've never had an approaching driver flick his high beams at me
because he thought my lights were too bright.) I believe I read as a
throwaway side comment sometime that for some European countries the
headlight systems had a resister of some sort built in to keep the low
beams down to what was a locally acceptable level. Is there such a
thing? If so where and/ or what is it?

Any other  ideas?

I await in hope of enlightenment.