Tires & Spridget Fix

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tires & Spridget Fix
From: Les Myer <lmyer@probe.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 23:19:04 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>> I'm going to be getting tires for my new dayton chrome wires, and would
>> like to get the
>>  widest tire that would fit the rims AND the car ( square arch 71 midget
>> )
>> Also, I not much of a purist, but I'd like some feedback...
>> Whitewalls , blackwalls, or raised white letters for chrome wires ?
>> wadda you folks think ?
>>
>> john.kahoon@juno.com
>> 71 midget

John,

185/70-13 Blackwall Uniroyal Tiger Paws on conventional rims on my(?) 67
Square-arch Sprite.  Should be the same on the later Midget.  Use 1/4"
spacer plate and long studs from Mini-Mania - barely fit - front tires
slightly rub on aftermarket sway bar if steering is turned clear to the
locks - rears require the spacers so they don't rub on the springs on hard
turns. Looks great - rides much softer and nicer - perfectly stable on the
road, lowers the RPMs (4.2 rear in mine) but just doesn't corner like with
the little skinny 145/80 Michelins.  Guess it's too wide a tire for the rim
and the sidewall flexes too much.  Still I like them for general use.

Now if I can just get hold of the car before snow flies here in
Michigan......I need a Spridget fix!  (PDLJMPR Site will remain dormant
until I am able to drive my own.)

Les
77 V-6 Midget Nasty-boy under construction
67 Sprite hidden from me somewhere in Nebraska....Puddles, Puddles....where
are you?
80 Sunbird (daily driver - hey, it's a pooch but it gets 35mpg)
90 Sunbird Turbo GT (30K mile garage queen - runs hard - ask Frank)
77 F-250 (now hidden from someone in Nebraska)
78 Bronco (hey, its not a pooch but it only gets 10mpg)
62 Olds 98 2dr HT
62 Olds 98 4dr HT
I never noticed before, but I seem to accumulate pairs of similar vehicles!