Re: SUMMARY: Insurance for LBCs

To: ric_bergstrom@juno.com, wmgilroy@lucent.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SUMMARY: Insurance for LBCs
From: RMiller930@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:57:02 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
DO NOT assume any motor vehicle is covered under your homeowners policy.  The
standard policy only covers motor vehicles for lawn maintenance and the
like...and then with limits.  I learned this the hard way with a boat several
years back.  I would drop the coverage in the winter when it was stored in the
garage.  One spring I moved it to the driveway, hooked up the battery to prep
it for the summer, and went in to have dinner.  Halfway through dinner my
neighbor way pounding frantically on the door trying to inform me the boat was
on fire.  To make a long story short, electrical fault (Lucas on boats???) and
NO COVERAGE for boats (except for non-motorized, canoes, rowboats, etc.).
Read your policy carefully.  If push comes to shove, it doesn't matter what
anyone tells you...the contract will usually prevail.  I have never again
dropped coverage on any vehicle or boat, even in storage.

BTW, got a quote from Hagerty's on the Bugeye and the TR6...total coverage
around 14,000, and the total premium was I think $118 for the year...comp
collision and liability...and they aren't real sticklers on mileage and using
the car occassionally for things other than going to shows...

Rod Miller
59 Bugeye
72 TR6
86 XJ-S
Stop me quick, this must be a sign of impending mental illness...too many brit
cars...