Re: Reverse Lamp Switch progress

To: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Subject: Re: Reverse Lamp Switch progress
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 20:51:35 -0700
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Philip Hubbard wrote:

> Hmmmmm....still no dice on the reverse lamps working.  I did fiddle with
> the other switch poking out toward the driver as Frank C. suggested and
> thought I might be on to something as the little button did seem a bit
> sticky when it first came off.  I cleaned it and worked it about and got it
> moving nicely.  Put it back in and no joy.  I suppose it could still be the
> switch there, but just beyond cleaning it up - say like buying a new one.
> If I have the time at work tomorrow I'll be calling Motorhead.  I need to
> order a few small items anyway.

Bypass the switch - if the lights work WITHOUT the switch (connecting the
wires), then it must be the either the switch, or whatever is within the
transmission that is supposed to activate the switch.

Is the switch installed to the proper depth? It hasn't been spaced outward
farther than intended, has it (an extra too-large washer)?

Scott Meyers
60 Bugeye DSP