A damper on my spirits

Subject: A damper on my spirits
From: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 20:50:36 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
... or spirits on my damper?

Last Friday morning on my way to work, I got to test my brakes and my
reflexes as a 'big car' driver pulled out onto the street in front of me
without stopping or looking and then stopped crossways (probably when she
heard the tires screeching).  The short story is the brakes worked, and the
front end went so low I was expecting sparks.  I was happy that the brakes
performed well.  Monday, my new front dampers arrived and they were
(chipped) black.  I was expecting blue (how naive!) because the installed
ones (stamped 'Armstrong') look like a Hammerite blue.  I note, now that my
left front damper has leaked and also the lines coming out of the back of
the master cylinder are wet.  In a related story, the shipment where the
copy of Original Sprite and Midget is, that I ordered from a local
bookstore, has gotten lost somewhere between Toronto and here (Ottawa).  I
also found a source for Hammerite.  My question that I have been working
towards is:  Should the dampers be blue in a '65 RHD Sprite?  (and any
details ... )

Thanks,

Robert
'65 Sprite