Re: AH Spares Bugeye Grille

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@msn.com>
Subject: Re: AH Spares Bugeye Grille
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 23:09:42 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Damn Larry, you and I must have ordered the bloody things on the same day as
I received mine today.  As I recall you got the stainless one.  Well, I got
the chrome one and the fit is no better than yours.  The studs don't line
up, the curve is wrong and it sits offset in the opening.  Did you notice
that it doesn't have the ridge on the top edge either?

I was planning to email you tonight to see if you had received yours.  Well
now I know.  Now I'm going to fire off an email to Bob at AH Spares and
remind him of the following line from my email order:  "I will readily admit
to you that I am placing the order with AH
Spares in anticipation of receiving a high quality, excellent fitting grill
as per your description."  I'll also ask about returning it.

Following that, I guess I'll get busy doing some pick and file work on my
original and start looking for a re-chromer that won't pull a gun on me!

I would be interested to know what you plan to do with your new grill.

I hate this kind of crap!

Jeff Church