Bugeye Brake Update

To: List Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bugeye Brake Update
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 17:31:55 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Question #1 - I have a 1960 Bugeye, and it appears to have the
original single piston (?) rear brake cylinders. I want to update
to the later dual piston rear brake cylingers (available many
places).

Do I need to change:

Backing plates?

Brake lines?

Anything else? Are the shoes the same? The springs?

Question #2 - I want to remove the original dual purpose master
cylinder (brakes and clutch) and go to the dual master system;
i.e., one for the brakes, and one for the clutch.

I have front disc brakes.

Is it essential/advantageous/personal choice to opt for the
'middle' model brake single line brake master cylinder system
rather than the later dual line brake master? The car will be
used only for autocross, not much (if any) on the street.

Thanks for your opinions and advice.

Scott Meyers
60 Bugeye DSP