dumbfounded

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dumbfounded
From: J6879758@emu.bendigo.latrobe.edu.au
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 15:03:05 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On friday last week my cheeky girlfriend decided to take my sprite
for a spin. She removed the battery from my old valiant and put it in
the mkII and off she went.
 The next day after starting the car and fiddling with a few things I
opened the bonnet to discover she had put it in the wrong way i.e
poles reversed. I was amazed that
a> it ran
b>nothing started to smoke,pop,fizz etc
c>the clock even started to work
It used to be +ve earthg but when I got it it had been changed (I
assume) to -ve earth.
It is electrically stock as far as I know. Still generator etc
Does anybody know if something has been fried and I just dont know
yet?
When I accidentally did the same to my old car (alternator) the
diodes in th alt. fried.
thanks all