Re: 3 phone calls

Subject: Re: 3 phone calls
From: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 07:51:26 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Message text written by INTERNET:Lancer7676@aol.com
>I agree with this. Wal-mart, Home Depot, and Lowes are very destructive to
local economies.  I agree with my old Dad when he remarked one day that
they
should eliminate quantity discounts.  There is no reason Mom and Pop should
have to pay more for a hammer than Home Depot does.  It seems that quantity
discounts that give such a tremendous advantage to Wal-Marts smack of anti-
trust--whereby huge chains are sold goods cheaper, allowing them to sell to
you and I cheaper and drive the smaller businesses out of town.  That is
unfair business practice.  A hammer is a hammer--let Home Depot and Mom and
Pop go at it on the basis of SERVICE and not price.

Any manufacturer who will not sell to the small retailer at exactly the
same
price they sell to the megabusinesses should be liable to the small
retailer.

My two. . .er. . .3 1/2 cents.

----David
     ---'67 Sprite MKIV, aka Vicky
        __ '79 Midget, aka, The Taz
<

I also dislike the warehouses and will usually spend the extra dollar to
avoid them.  My big fear is that the experts are disappearing.  But, face
it, it's the shopper that keeps them in business.  People who are willing
to trade off expert personal assistance for price.  You get what you pay
for.

Robert
'65 Sprite