Re: Throw-out bearing

To: RJohn50603@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Throw-out bearing
From: john.kahoon@juno.com (John c Kahoon)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 10:06:03 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My bearing was a "green " bearing. I picked it up at the Emerald
necklace, austin healey show in Cleveland
this past May. I wished mine had the Iron case, but now I'm not so sure !
Are the "pins" the only place your bearing was bad ?
Maybe bronze bushings retrofitted, would make it last longer .
Sounds like a return spring on the clutch fork would do the trick as an
alternative "spring kit".
I still don't know what to think about the "pin" wear.
Do Carbon bearings have this problem too ?

john.kahoon@juno.com
71 midget