(Fwd) Inspect those brakes!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (Fwd) Inspect those brakes!
From: "Danny Rendleman" <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 12:25:37 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Forwarded message:
From:     Self <dannyr>
To: To:   spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Inspect those brakes!
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 20:58:21

My darling (wife) and my baby (74 Midget) just got back from a great
run from Flint to Port Huron for a picnic.  Half a mile from home, in
the right lane, just back of a big truck in the left turning left,
and, lo and behold, an SUV coming the other way turns in front of us.
 Hard on the brakes and stop maybe a yardstick from creaming my front
end--and probably us.  She didn't give us a second look and pulled on
into the convenience store.  Saner minds prevailed and we cruised on
home, shaken but wiser:  Better have damn good brakes, folks, and
drive twice as defensively as you normally would.  I'm just glad to
be able to send you a note tonight.

All best,

Danny

dannyr@umich.edu