Re: (Fwd) Inspect those brakes!

To: Danny Rendleman <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Inspect those brakes!
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 11:49:59 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Definitely a word FROM the wise!!   Same thing happened several years ago
only at an intersection. Frogeye and I swirved (no time for brakes) and
skipped over a traffic island and went airborne and landed pointed down a
ditch.  I backed her out expecting the tie rods, exhaust system, and
suspension to fall apart.  The other driver was all set to pay for
parts.  I drove a short way and everything was fine not even an alignment
needed.  A witness said we more than a foot off the ground!  These are
tough cars but should not be tested this way.  I rebuilt the front
suspension and steering just in case.
Very lucky, as was Danny and his beloved.  DON'T scrimp and scrounge when
it comes to safety!

Glad you were able to share this with us Danny
Regards,
Dave Woerpel
59 :()
59 MGA