Re: Dual circuit master cylinder interchangeability

To: autox@earthlink.net, richard.arnold@juno.com
Subject: Re: Dual circuit master cylinder interchangeability
From: Grossac@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 21:31:01 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm afraid the Spridget and the MGB master cylinders are NOT interchangeable.
The Spridget MS's mounting bolts are about 30 degrees off from vertical, while
the MG's are vertical.  Otherwise, they look identical and both have 3/4"
bores.  However, I found out the hard way that not even the cups in the
rebuilding kits are the same.  (I lost the dual circuit MS fitted to my
vintage bugeye racer at the Lime Rock Volvo Historic in July.  I tried to
rebuild it with an MGB kit that another racer had, and found that the cups are
slightly different.  So close, yet so far.   Bought a new one from Kim's
Imports --who had kindly loaned me the MGB kit--and rebuilt the old one as a
spare.)
Chris Gross
60 Bugeye #18