1275 45DCOE Weber Setup

To: "Team.Sprite" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1275 45DCOE Weber Setup
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:42:41 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The second point of inspection on my 'new-to-me' Bugeye, is to
see if the Weber setup is "in the ballpark".

It has a fresh 1275 with the smaller LCB headers. It may have
flattop pistons (haven't looked yet). The cam seems to be
'lumpy'. It has electronic ignition, a performance coil, and a
newer mechanical advance only distributor.

It has spark plugs one heat range cooler than stock.

The settings:

45 DCOE
34mm chokes
F-11 emulsion tubes
45 F-9 idle jets
175 air correctors
130 main jets
50 squirt jet (?) (Accellerator pump jet)

Some old books I have seem to show similar setups within this
range; They do seem to favor the F-2 emulsion tube; I find few
F-11's in the examples. I see some F-16's.

The car seems to have a hesitation (burble) on the transition
from low to high speed, around 2500 to 3000rpm.

Any opinions, hints? Anything else to look for?

Scott Meyers
60 Bugeye DSP