Re: Exhaust

To: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:43:48 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I spoke (by email) to the guys at Winners Circle about this and talked
to Joe Huffaker too.

It *is* used but results in very hot right leg and foot if you spend too
much time standing still! You have to modify the gearbox mount to
accommodate the exhaust.

The advantage is obvious - clearance, but the disadvantage is a more
tortuous exhaust path (more bends, some must be pretty tight according to
my cursory examination), and the hot feet.

I must admit it was tempting - I crushed my beautiful new LCBs on the
Lactos Rally in February and the damage was severe enough to require
a whole new centre branch  as well as the collector. I decided against it
though because in rallies (where it would be most useful to me because
some of the special stages are on roads which are reasonably bumpy)
we *are* standing still  for reasonably stretches of time while waiting for
the special stage starts.

Mike