EURO 98 more info (longish)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: EURO 98 more info (longish)
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:00:32 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The following is an article from Healey Happenings The monthly
newsletter of Carolinas Area Austin Healey Club (CAAHC) Sept 98 issue.
E-mail me your fax number and I will fax you a registration form.

Article.
     It's PARTY Time.......
Join us at BMW for EURO '98 to help us celebrate the 100th birthday
anniversary of Donald Healey. This is our club's big event to honor
Donald Healey.
The festivities begin on FRIDAY with BMW Manufacturing Plant tours for
those that pre-registered.
FRIDAY EVENING will be the RECEPTION at the Greenville Hilton(host
hotel, $65.00 rate) with our three guests: GERRY COKER (Carolinas
member) who worked with Donald as a stylist from 1950-1957, PAUL
RAGBOURNE who worked with Austin for 44 years and worked on the Healey
100-4 and Sprite. He was also involved with the new MGF and our third
"guest" … the one and only (in the US) new MGF. Please come and visit
with them and share your stories about our great cars.
SATURDAY will be the great European classic and collectible car show.
Lunch will have an Oktoberfest atmosphere with terrific food and music.
There will be workshops by experts on techniques to care for and restore
collectors cars. There will be a Canadian Driving event (a timed
precision driving event) that you must sign up for at
registration(limited number of participants due to time). It will
certainly be fun to watch.
At 3:00 p.m. CAROLINAS' will take center stage to have Birthday Blast
with Gerry Coker cutting the birthday cake for all to share. So join in
the fun and help us celebrate the afternoon away.
SATURDAY EVENING will find us at the Greenville Hilton for a wonderful
AWARDS BANQUET and our guest speaker, Paul Ragbourne, with stories for
all about British cars. There will be special sponsor awards presented
and a wonderful dinner with friends.
SUNDAY morning at 10 am there will be a Road Rally which will begin at
the hotel and end at BMW with a lunch for all. The rally is a blend of
serious and not-so-serious events to test the drivers and their cars.
What a great way to end a perfect weekend!
All proceeds will benefit the disaster relief efforts of the AMERICAN
RED CROSS in the SOUTHEASTERN STATES. The 1998 spring disasters have
underscored the urgency of the event coordinators' decision to choose
the AMERICAN RED CROSS as the charity of choice. With all the wonderful
sponsors, your registration and event fees will go directly to the Red
Cross.