Re: MSD?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com
Subject: Re: MSD?
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:08:27 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Yes I have a 6AL installed in my Bugeye. I still have points type
distributor, they claim it will work with electronic as well, Seen one
installed in Jensen-Healey with Pertronix ignition so I guess it does.
Only problem I have is that I need to install a resistor in the line to
the MSD since it will keep running after you shut the key off unless I
hit the brakes or turn the lights on, apparently the generator puts out
enough current at idle to keep the MSD firing even though the ignition
is off. They cover this in their installation guide. I paid $166.00 with
free shipping from SUMMIT racing.
Regards,
Peter.