vapor lock - not

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: vapor lock - not
From: Charles Schaal <cschaal@murlin.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:07:30 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
some of you might remember the problem we were having with the 77 midget
because of a supposed vapor lock. I attached a bicycle pump to the
breather line and when I lost fuel gave it about 6 or 7 good pumps and
away we go. It now is apparent that the problem is not vapor lock but a
weak fuel pump (mech) that seems to lose its prime - especially when the
machine is hot, though not overheated. Question: Why would the fuel pump
be incapable of doing its job when the machine is hot but not a problem
when it is cold?