Re: Sway bar mounting bolts

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Sway bar mounting bolts
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:24:30 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Curtis Carlson <carlson@navtech.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
WST,
this is exactly what my car looks like right now.  The 3/4" bar ripped the
mounting plate and the surrounding thin sheetmetal out of the bottom of
the frame rail on one side.
I can't believe they mounted the plates to this spot welded sheetmetal.
But then again, it probably wasn't designed for a 3/4" bar and the
resulting forces.
Ulix

                                                           '67 Sprite