Re: 2-1998 Sprite Models Announced

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: 2-1998 Sprite Models Announced
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 16:56:35 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-09-25 16:08:53 EDT, ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<< Hmmm, sounds interesting.  But the pictures are of a real Sprite,
 not theirs (radiator size, frame rails) and the weight of 740kg is the
 weight of a real Sprite as well.  I wonder how far they really are in
 their development. >>

According to the press release engine is a DOHC w/ 4 cylinders.  Capacity of
1796, 10:1 compression ratio, 5 speed tranny.  Front and rear suspension w/
double wishbone;
THe workhorse has a diesel injection engine etc etc.  My guess is they are
building the demo unit now.  Picture as you guessed is probably one of the
ones build by the frogeye co. or even from a 60's press photo.  Who knows.
Interesting stuff though.

george marinos