Re: SU lubrication

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, dannyr@flint.umich.edu
Subject: Re: SU lubrication
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 06:23:09 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Danny,
  The oil is actually not for lubrication but for the damping effect on
the pistons in the carbs. They should be topped up with engine oil to
just above the metal sleeve inside, Do not worry about overfilling they
will spit out any extra. A sign that it is time to refill is hard
starting and spitting and popping under acceleration.
Regards,
Peter.