Re: SU lubrication

To: Danny Rendleman <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>
Subject: Re: SU lubrication
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:23:12 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Danny,
you can use engine oil.  It doesn't take much.  When you pull the dipstick
out and there is resistance, you are fine.  If you overfill, you just make
a mess, no problem.
How often depends on your car.  If you run out of oil there, your engine
might stumble when you put your foot down fast, but nothing will get
damaged.
Ulix

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Danny Rendleman wrote:

> One last question, at least for tonight.  I'm under the impression
> that I should watch the lubrication of my SU carbs, topping them off
> on occasion.  Is this correct?  If so, what oil to use, how often,
> and should there be a marker/indicator on the little dipstick in each
> carb?  Perhaps by a year from now, I'll be answering as many
> questions as I ask.  Right.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Danny
> 74 Midget