'77 Midget carb question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '77 Midget carb question
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:33:45 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm just planning for the future, but while I'm waiting for payday so I can
pick up my Midget, I'll ask the list for an opinion.

The Midget I am purchasing has a Weber DGV carb and conversion intake manifold
on the otherwise stock 1500cc engine.  That puts the car in DSP class for Solo
II autocross.

Any opinions about changing back to the originally fitted ZS carb?  That would
put me in HS class, but what happens to performance, reliability, maintenance,
etc.?  Is it worth the cost of finding a ZS and manifold, and possibly having
to rebuild it?

The car has been de-toxed, so most of the emissions stuff is gone except the
cat. conv.  The PO has the replacement pipe to remove the conv., but never
installed it.  I am thinking about a Dynomax exhaust for the car a little bit
down the road.

I probably won't do the carb change because the engine seems to run fine as
is, but I would like your opinions.  (Thanks in advance.)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport