Re: What's it take to buy a car from Canada

To: "M Brouillette" <mbrouill@ix.netcom.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: What's it take to buy a car from Canada
From: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:23:00 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

You might try the triupmph list...or check the archives at autox.  Some of
the guys on that list have imported from Canada.

I seem to remember that if it is newer than a certain year (68?) it has to
have the "federal" tag to show it was built to US specs for safety and
emissions.

Or depending on your internal honesty factor, buy a parts car in the us
similar to one you buy in Canada, have the Canadian seller drive your
purchase over as a tourist, and buy him a cab ride home.  Then you transfer
ALL of the parts from your purchase to the vin plate from the parts car,
effectively restoring the parts car.

Not that I would consider doing anything like this myself, but NEW VW BUGS,
not the front engine newbies, but the old style, can still be purchased in
Mexico for $3500USD.  Tempting huh?

Robert Houston
74 Midget (US Version) Katy