Re: IT IS ALIVE!

To: Ron Soave <redlotus@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: IT IS ALIVE!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 18:05:25 -0400
Cc: Team Thicko Mail List <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>, spridgeteers <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ron Soave wrote:

> The World's Longest Rebuild Is OVER!!!

I'm glad it runs good.
If you did the breakin of the cam and a few high revs when first
started, it should be broken in. Change the oil and drive. DO NOT baby
it for the first 500 or whatever miles.
If it didn't blow up, knock, tap, ping, or rattle in the first 20
minutes, you did good. Don't blow it by driving like an old lady and
building an upper piston bore ridge that will snap the top ring as soon
as you do romp on it.

I finally have my engine back from the machine shop, picked it up
Friday, painted it, left for the weekend, assembled the guts last night,
pulled the engine out of the yellow Sprite this afternoon since I need
the 5 speed parts on the new engine, but I forgot to order a t/chain so
now I wait! I hope to have it in the car this weekend, fully broken in!

Frank