Re: Looking for horn push - Austin

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Looking for horn push - Austin
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:24:17 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The Sprite Mk3 (1964-1966) has the steering wheel with thin
twin spokes at 9, 3 and 6 o'clock. It also has the large,
about 4" diameter horn push with the Austin knight motif.

This is what every supplier (including the two Mosses:
UK and USA) told me was NLA. The UK Moss catalogue part
number is BHA4441 and the USA Moss lists it as 408-155.

Mine is broken, I can't even use the horn and whenever
I asked for the correct item I almost invariably got the
suggestion: go for a Motolita wheel with MG boss (there
doesn't seem to exist an Austin-Motolita boss, for
our year Spridget column).

I don't want to spend all this money for a wheel showing MG,
simply because my car is an Austin - nothing against MG
cars, to avoid misunderstandings.

Ulix, you said it was available for $30, what part number
are you referring to? I asked last week - they didn't have it.

So, if you have any ideas, I'd be very glad to hear them.

Thank you.

Evangelos