Questions on Brakes.

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Questions on Brakes.
From: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:31:09 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
        Greeting again fellow listers,

        Sorry, but I have a couple more questions... this time it's breaks:
1.      What's the recommended minimum thickness for the front discs?
2.      What's the maximum diameter of the rear drums before new ones are
needed?
3.      Why is special brake fluid required for British brake seals and
what's in it that's not in regular brake fluid? I know it has to do with the
rubber they use.
4.      The last time I bleed my brakes, after I rebuilt all the wheel
cylinders and the master, I had a terrible time trying to get the peddle to
firm up, in fact I gave up! I then went ahead and ripped out the front drums
and switched over to discs, from a '70 midget. On thing lead to another and
now I've ripped out the whole front-end, replacing all the bushings with
poly ones, repainting all the parts and the wheel-wells, just made
everything look like new, even the springs. At any rate, it all goes back
together this week-end and I'll be back where I started... bleeding those
damn brakes. Any suggestions on the best way to bleed these single line
systems?

Thanks,

-Drew
andrew.griffith@readrite.com