Re: Getting Speedo apart

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Getting Speedo apart
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 22:04:35 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> How do I get the speedo guts out of its case? (on a '67)
> The day trip reset shaft doesn't want to let it out.
> The two screws on the back of the speedo are off, and the reset shaft
> extension is off too.
> Does the whole reset shaft come out somehow?

Ulix

Undo the 2 small screws on the speedo face, use the face to remove the
needle. With the screws out, grab the face evenly and pull, otherwise
you may bend the needle. Once the needle and face are off, you can twist
the guts out of the can. You will have the clearance to sneak the trip
rod out. There is tiny "E" clip on the top of the trip rod to remopve it
completly. Watch out for all the small springs on the rod. Make a note
of their location before disassambly. Store that tiny "E" clip on the
sticky side of a piece of tape because if you breath, it will blow away!
It's that tiny.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici