Re: Addco urethane bushings on 3/4" front rollbar

To: "David Brown" <davebrown1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Addco urethane bushings on 3/4" front rollbar
From: "Guy Weller" <Guy.Weller@nationwideisp.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:49:29 +0100
Cc: <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dave,
When I first fitted urethane bushes the point about the bar rotating
in the bushes hadn't occured to me. I just put it together and a few weeks
later had a mounting bush tear out of the chassis rail.

Second time round, after welding in new heavy duty plates onto the chassis
rails, I did the job properly. Fix the bar through the bushes, but with the
ends loose from the link rods at each end. Check that it rotates reasonably
easily in the bushes with the mounting brackets fastened up tight.

Mine didn't turn at all so I had to trim the bush with a sharp blade to get
it right.
Only then should you fasten the link rods.

Guy
-