Re: TR6 Value

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Value
From: William Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:49:23 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, spitfires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, MGList <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Michael Graziano wrote:

> I just came back from tooling around town (Greenwich CT) in my 300zx.  WHile
>out,  I spotted a '70
> TR6 (bright red) in nice shape for sale at an english car dealership (rolls,
>bentleys jags).  On
> impulse I stopped to look at the car.  The color of the definitely new paint
>was real nice,  but the
> quality was OK at best. One seat was cracked, and the wood dash had multiple
>cracks (almost like
> bumps) going across the glove box and the top of the dash Rusty lugs, waves
>in the driver's door and
> rear driver's quarterpanel.

<snip of conversation with arrogant salesman>

> PS:  What's a '70 TR6 worth anyway?  Dear me I hope it's not worth 12.5K.

A '70 TR6 _can_ be worth 12.5K... but not the one you described. Without
seeing it, I'd say at best a more realistic value range would be about
40% less.

BTW, in some situations like this I have indeed offered half the asking
price... and have seen it accepted once or twice.

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI