Re: Frank,Re: It's Alive 2!

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Frank,Re: It's Alive 2!
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 05:58:10 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> have an even idle @ 750 RPMs as per the book!
>
> I like it!

I would too!  I'm still at a lumpy 1300 on idle with the mysterious D9
(nice cam, shorter duration, though).  One thing with the new engine in
mine, oil pressure has been great.  Maybe it is just all the leaks the 948
had ;-), but I did have the machinist chamfer all the oil holes in the
crank.  Maybe just superstition, but I'll chalk it up as $20 well spent.  I
wonder how much the balancing job helped.  No obvious "smoothness" here,
but it does rev nicely.  Like the commercial says,

"Chamfered oil holes, $20; balance job $100; electronic ignition $80; the
look on the Mitsubishi Eclipse driver's face when you smoked him on a
twisty: Priceless."

Ron