Re: Torque Curves

To: ainglis@bcresearch.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Torque Curves
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:39:37 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
If you lower the diff ratio you might be able to get to the point where 2nd is
as low as first used (almost to be) and in this way use 2nd and 3rd.  The very
low ratios are high to find (the 5.3 ratio).

It is possible to double de-clutch and get back into first but ask someone
else how you do this and is it a technique worth learning.

Get a 5 speed box - they have a synchro on first.

I won't worry to much about finding the extra torque the only easy way to get
torque from very low rpm is to supercharge the engine - but I may stand
corrected on this.

Daniel