Re: Master-cylinder conversion.

To: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Master-cylinder conversion.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:59:08 -0500
Cc: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>, Herold Faulkner <faulkner@redshift.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mike & Alan
You are both semi correct. The MKII with disc brakes and MKIII (Sprites)
63-66 used a 3/4" master which looks and fits the same as a Bugeye
except the Bugeye and early 4 wheel drum models used a 7/8" bore master.
The 3/4 bore works better on disc brake systems.
1967 Spridgets still had a 3/4 bore master but with a separate clutch
master, 1968 started the dual brake system which will bolt right in on
the early cars with out modifications to the body.
So 58 thru 66 are all interchangable, 67 is unique, 68 and up are all
dual systems. (These are US model years, exact dates of vehicle
manufacture may very by a few months)

I hope this helps
Frank

--