Re: Replaced Steering Rack Boots

To: Danny Rendleman <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>
Subject: Re: Replaced Steering Rack Boots
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:11:58 -0800 (PST)
Cc: transerv@sprynet.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Danny Rendleman wrote:

> Clever paint name:  argent means silver, so it's "silver silver."
> Oh, those Ford honchos.  But, speaking of wheels:  why are there
> "Mini-lites look-alikes"?  Are the "real" mini-lites not made
> anymore--or are they just too expensive for the the likes of us?

Danny,
The real Minilites were reintroduced a while back, I think.  If I remember
correctly, they are not quite like the originals.  The originals are often
for sale used at exorbitant prices.  FWIW, I like the design on some of
teh copies better then the original (at least in Spridget size).

                                                           '67 Sprite