Re: I'm not a traitor but... (little lbc content)

To: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: I'm not a traitor but... (little lbc content)
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:07:45 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridget mail list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Steve,
go for it!
I have found that this kind of car is the ideal companion to a Spridget.
When the noise, choppy ride, and crampedness get to you, you drive the
boat for a couple of days and love it.  Then, when the fact that you have
to almost come to a standstill for every corner gets to you, you switch
back to the Spridget and love it!

Ulix, ex:
'66 Olds 98 Town Sedan (375hp)
'66 Caddy Sedan DeVille (345hp, topless)
'71 Olds 98 (455 with unbelieveable torque)

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Swift Justice wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     My Dad and I have been talking over the last few days.  Seems one of
> our relatives passed away up in Portland.  She had a car that was never
> driven.  A 1963 Plymouth Fury 4 door with a 318 Commando V-8.  19,000
> original miles.  Still has the orignal tires on it.  I wouldn't believe
> it if I didn't know these people.  The executor of the estate (my uncle)
> would like to get $3,000 for it.  He just replaced all the belts and
> hoses.
>
>     Dad has decided that he is going to buy it for me.  He is going up
> to Portland next week on business, and will take a look at it.  He has
> decided that I need a "real " classic car.  "C'mon Dad, what are the
> Spridgets, chopped liver?"  $3,000 would go a long way on the '66 Sprite
> in the garage.  I must admit that it would be nice to own a low mileage
> car from the 60's.  Imagine finding a bugeye with 20K original miles!
>
>     I'm still keeping the faith, but now it looks like the proper
> English cars will have to share the driveway with a Mopar...
>
> Steve
> '79 Midget
> '67 Sprite
> '66 Sprite
> '63 Fury??
> --
> |   Steve McGee,
> |   Atty. at large
> |   samesq@pacbell.net
> |   http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/
>
>     "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."

                                                           '67 Sprite