Bugeye Brake Conversion

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bugeye Brake Conversion
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 08:43:45 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am about to attempt a conversion of a stock Bugeye setup to the
later model master cylinders.

(I have front disc brakes already, but will be adding the later
rear brakes and backing plates).

I have the pedals and cylinders from a 'retired' Midget.

It appears to be rather more than a "bolt-in" operation. Perhaps
'operation' is a very appropriate term?

Is it true that (evidently) I will have to cut out a section of
metal around the original support frame for the stock Bugeye
setup to fit the newer framework?  Is this as straightforward as
it seems, or is the a more complicated journey?

It is a real pain to form new brake lines and ends to fit the new
locations of the double cylinder setup, or easier than it seems
(I've never done any before)? Will I need a speciall tool for
this (I seem to recall that British fittings are not 'usual')?

Anything else to watch out for?

Thanks.

Scott Meyers
60 Bugeye for Solo II in Arizona