Re: Speaking of Mirrors...

To: chasdoug@gte.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of Mirrors...
From: hello39@idt.net
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 09:14:31 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chas,
I felt the same way and if you want to consider this option.
I removed the center phillipd bolt on the windscreen upright
and made a thin 1/16" plate from aluminum, bent a 90 degree
edge on it. Then countersunk an clearance hole for the bolt.
I went to Pep Boys found a small mirror for around $5.00 and
installed the plate and stuck the mirror on it. It requires no changes to
the car and allows a nice rear view from the drivers seat. One can be done
on the passenger side as well. I can send you a jpeg if need be.
As far as looks, well, as any kind of modification goes, it's very
functional and gets many comments ranging from very nice to darn
ugly!
Alan