Re: Hella horns

To: Jeff Church <jchurch@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Hella horns
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:26:02 -0500
Cc: Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Church wrote:

> Has anyone tried Hella horns on their Spridget?  They have some that look
> sorta like the original Bugeye diaphragm horn with a metal casing and crank
> out 118dB.  I saw some in an overpriced accessory catalog from Griot's
> Garage Inc.  I had never heard of them before and doubt if I would order
> from them since they are, as I said, way overpriced.  I currently have only
> a single, plastic Lucas horn that sound pretty anemic and would like to go
> with something that at least looks original.  Thanks for the input.

Jeff

Hella horns like in VW. That's what I use except I get mine off dead
Beetles in the junk yard. They always work, mount where the bugeye horn
mounts, are loud, and at $5 each, how can you go wrong?
In fact even my Jag was using one of these old VW horns. I think I have
one (or 2) on every car I own except my truck.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ