Re: Hella horns

To: <hdrsons@iamerica.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Hella horns
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 19:33:23 -0800
Cc: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Hal Rogers wrote:

>The VW horn will work. But Hella makes another set of horns that
>physically resemble the look of the original lucas horns with the curled
>horn shape. Althought the color of the horn is red/black I believe. The
>VW horn (if recalled correctly) is round but is "open" faced and doesn't
>have the curled french horn look to it.

The Hella horns I am refering to do NOT have the "curled french horn look".
They are, in fact, round with an open face -- like the original Bugeye
style.  They are obviously more updated looking than either the original and
the VW version.  They appear to have a metal casing and are red and black in
color.  The catalog listed them for $69 but did not indicate if that was for
one or two (with the prices of other things in that catalog being so high,
it is probably for one).  They also carried the Hellas with the "curled
french horn look".  They were plastic and were priced at $29.

Jeff