Re: Clutch problem - not disengaging

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Clutch problem - not disengaging
From: "Guy Weller" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 21:56:09 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry,
I got a bit of time this weekend to try sorting out this clutch problem
First I tried your idea of the nut behind the push rod.
Brilliant! It produced enough movement to disingage the clutch (just) and I
drove the car to the end of the road ( about 75 yards) Wow. First time this
has traveled under its own power for almost 10 years.  Those couple of
minutes made my wekend !
I also tried measuring the theoretical length of the pushrod.  I forget if
that was you or Ulix who suggested pushing the piston back up the slave
cylinder as far as it would go and measuring the free play on the push-rod.
Easier said than done it takes some force to push it back and hold it there
whilst measuring !! Anyway I got a measure. It seems the pushrod is about
9/16 too short. Seems a lot.
Think I will try it with the original 7/8" slave cylinder before I start
altering pushrod lengths though.

Thanks for you help, and to others on the list for their good advice.
Guy (still grinning !)