Re: Older style rostyles paint

To: <Mymgmidget@aol.com>, <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Older style rostyles paint
From: "Mike Ellsworth" <mikeells@shianet.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 19:18:52 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have a set of these, in similar condition on my car. I stripped them and
painted them with an aluminum paint, and stopped at that point. I have a
picture of them with the two-tone paint, but nothing scanned. They are
mostly black, and the silver just sort of outlines the square holes and
goes around the center hub. There also seems to be a ring around the rim
where the inner hub is welded to the outer rim, and maybe another around
the rim near where the tire seats.  I've never heard of a paint mask like
the later wheels have available, but I don't know how well they work
anyway. This would definitely be a brush by hand job, and I guess that's
part of why I never finished it. I also have a picture of a set that is
painted in reverse, being mostly silver with black trim, which actually
looked better to me. The pictures I have are all MGB-GTs, but I think the
wheels are the same layout.

                                Mike Ellsworth
                                71 Midget

----------
> From: Mymgmidget@aol.com
> To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Older style rostyles paint
> Date: Wednesday, November 18, 1998 7:48 PM
>
> Another quick question....
>
> I just acquired a set of older style rostyle wheels in need of paint.
They
> are painted just silver and I thought that I saw a set with black on the
> insides.  They are not the newer style... which I have now.   Does anyone
have
> a color pic of them  or can describe the way they were originally
painmted ??