Re: Worlds Fastest Bugeye (Update)

To: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@email.msn.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Worlds Fastest Bugeye (Update)
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:13:27 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
OK, that's impressive (and amazing that it actually is a bugeye under
all that aero package)

What is the fastest A-series bugeye?

What is the fastest standard shape bugeye?

My nomination for the former is George Forbes's bugeye. With a 140HP+
motor and a 3.7 diff, George pulled 8000 down conrod straight at the
Mt Panorama Healey International Commemorative Race. He was on
185/60D13 Hoosier Street TDs. That would put him somewhere well
over 130mph. His is a standard bodied sprite which still had drum brakes!
My poor bugeye (Redcar) could only manage 121 mph (8000rpm, 4.2 diff,
same tires). BTW, if you have one of those speed calculators, the 185/60
Hoosiers actually measure up as a 175/60.

As for the later, don't know about speeds but a 13B rotary powered sprite
must come close. There are a few around, any numbers anyone?

Mike