RE: 1275 vs 1500

To: Carl Elliott <grunt2@adelphia.net>, Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: RE: 1275 vs 1500
From: Rob Lewis <Rlewis@IRSINC.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 22:30:14 -0600
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sorry it took so long to reply to this.  I've simply been pounded at
work the past couple of days.

First, I had NO idea I would set off a little 1275/1500 war here!
        Sorry everyone.

Second, the reason for my question:
        I own what is registered as a 1959 Sprite.  The chassis number
is AN5L6575, so according to that, it's a '58.  However, what is really
going on is it's a Bugeye bonnet and rear end welded onto a Mk II
bottom.
The PO did a beautiful job, but the car will NEVER be original.  (I will
buy one to go concourse one day!)
Everything else is also later model: seats, engine, tranny, wheels,
gauges, etc.
Soo, since I love Wendy too much to ever get rid of her, I plan on
making a
Miata eater out of her.  Things like better suspension, bigger brakes,
5-speed,
etc.  In looking at motors and things, I always wondered if it was worth
starting
out with 1500 cc's rather than 1275.  There are probably plenty of
performance
items from the Triumph bin.  That's why my question arose.

Final decision, too far away from the green paper with presidents on it
really do anything.  But at least I know there are a bunch of options.

I feel like a part of the group now.

;-)
THANKS!!

-Rob Lewis