Starter Malfunction

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter Malfunction
From: Dave Hiley <dhiley@cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 11:28:16 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello everybody,

Today is an unusually warm (8 celcius) November day in Calgary so I decided
to take the yellow snorting beast out and try to get the last 40 miles I
need to make 500 on the rebuild.

It started perfectly, ran well etc so I shut it off, put up the top and
went to start it again to continue the warm up process.

The starter just spins and does not engage.  I had it rebuilt by a
reputable local shop before I put it back on.

I would assume that removal and return to the starter shop is the answer
but would like to confirm that.

tia
dave