Re: Door pockets for MKI Sprite

To: "Jim Rowan" <jimrowan@uic.edu>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Door pockets for MKI Sprite
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:31:56 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jim,
I'm not sure if you are talking about the door liner (the ribbed stuff) or
the curved vinyl covered hardboard that actually forms the pocket.  I have a
ton of the black ribbed rubber left over from my redo project if you need
some.  As far as the hardboard pockets themselves, my bugeye did not have
the originals in it so I didn't even have the 3 metal "clips" (for a lack of
a better description) that fit on the sides and bottom, nor the metal
u-shaped channel that provides the bow at the top of the pocket.

With Frank's instructions in hand, I picked up a small piece of masonite and
some good grained vinyl and made my own.  I did go one step further however.
Before I glued the vinyl on to the masonite, I picked up some artist board
and cut 2 pieces to simulate the raised edge (or is it recessed center) of
the pockets.  Once the vinyl was on, they looked great.  I cut the masonite
slightly larger than the opening so that when it is fit up to the screw (or
pop rivet) holes, it provides that bowing effect that the top metal channel
normally provides.

Anyway its a fun little weekend project.

Jeff Church