Re: bugeye

To: "carolien coulter" <carolien@coastalnet.com>, "majordome" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: bugeye
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:46:56 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Carol, just go for the stock sway bar. I'm sure most of the suppliers
will be able to sell you a 2nd hand bar. For a normal road car, anything
bigger is a complete waste of time unless you have changed everything
else to compensate for the higher roll stillness at the front end (more
tendency to understeer).

Note that you'll have to get the later model a-arms that have the holes
already drilled in the right places (and have some extra re-inforcing
around them). If you have done a change over on the a-arms at some
stage you may already have them.

You can drill these holes yourself on the old a-arms if they are in good
nick, it can be a bit of a pain though. I'd also add a thin plate (2mm, as
large 'washers') on the inside of the a-arm if there is no re-inforcing.
These
can just sit in place under the normal washers and nuts if you don't have
the welding gear.

Mike