RE: DPO stories thread

To: "'Curtis Carlson'" <carlson@navtech.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: DPO stories thread
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:11:59 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well Excuse ME!

At least I was driving it yesterday instead of hiding it in a warehouse!

But get your facts straight:

It has been since October 18th (I know because that was the date of the
last Autocross)

and it's tie-wire (I too keep a roll in the tool-kit)

The rear exhaust hangar pulled out of the boot floor, it was still attached
to the exhaust just fine but I was left with nothing but a hole in the boot
floor to attach it to. So I ran a few of loops of wire around the hangar
and pushed them up through the hole. I then used the whitworth through the
loop to prevent it from pulling back through. It actually passed tech. I
haven't fixed it properly yet because it's was off the road. I was dealing
with a carb leak that I had approached from the entirely wrong direction.

Incidentally, it's December in Minnesota and I've driven my car top-down
twice this week, I don't get it but I'm not complaining. I was out
yesterday afternoon and came across a well-used E-type parked top-down at a
coffee shop next to and old VW bug, and was passed by an older MGB on the
freeway. Strange.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget